This panel will feature an exchange of opinions and visions for creating a more resilient Europe post-crisis. Well-known experts, politicians, authors, NGO representatives and journalists will discuss the different aspects of our society that have been impacted by the crisis – including health care systems, welfare states, labour, democracy, and geopolitical relations – and how we can emerge from this emergency and build a better tomorrow.
Keynote speech by:
- Dr Vandana Shiva, Scholar, environmental activist, food sovereignty advocate, and author
- Bill McKibben – Author, educator, environmentalist, and Co-founder of 350.org
- Amy Goodman, Journalist and author, host and Executive Producer of Democracy Now!
- Ilaria Capua, Director of the One Health Center of Excellence at the University of Florida
- Reinhard Bütikofer, Member of the European Parliament, Greens/EFA Group; Chair of the Delegation for relations with the People’s Republic of China of the European Parliament
- Marta Fana, Researcher, Joint Research Center, European Commission
Moderator: Thomas Waitz, Co-chair, European Green Party