Navdanya International invites passionate and committed individuals for an internship position starting March 2022 to support our work on promoting agroecological food systems, based on seed sovereignty, food sovereignty and the rights of small farmers and local communities.
Navdanya International promotes a new agricultural and economic paradigm, a culture of food for health, where ecological responsibility and economic justice replace the present greed, consumerism and competition which have become dominant in society. It aims at regaining the common good as a foundation for a renewed sense of community, solidarity and culture of peace.
As a trainee/intern, preference will be given to candidates with the following skills, qualities and experience:
- A deep commitment to Navdanya International’s mission and goals.
- a demonstrable familiarity of ecological issues and concerns, particularly in the area of agroecology and food systems
- Strong research writing and editing skills.
- an excellent command of written and spoken English
- University degree or relevant experience in line with the activities of the Association
- Ability to work remotely with commitment and motivation.
- basic skills in Microsoft Office computer programs
The duration of the internship is for a minimum of 3 months and can be extended up-to a year. Candidates living outside Rome/Italy can also apply.
Applications within partnership projects such as Civil Service, Erasmus Traineeship, Torno Subito, Garanzia Giovani, and similar are also welcome.
Please send us your CV and a cover letter in one pdf file with authorization to process personal data (Legislative Decree 196/2003, GDPR EU Regulation 2016/679) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also attach your most recent research/article/blog on the themes described above or include a 300-500 word essay on any of the following : Food and Health, Impact of food systems on Climate Change, Agroecology.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.