Navdanya International has an opening for an intern to join our team based in Rome, to assist in its work in defence of the rights of small farmers, food sovereignty and food safety, and in the mobilization of campaigns aimed towards creating a new planetary citizenship based on justice, economic democracy and earth democracy.
We are also looking for volunteers to help organize and participate in events and conferences, assist in the mobilization of campaigns and translate Italian/English/other languages texts and assist in general administrative tasks as required.
As a trainee/intern, preference will be given to candidates with the following skills, qualities and experience:
- a demonstrable familiarity of ecological issues and concerns, particularly in the area of agroecology and food
- an excellent command of written and spoken English
- previous experience in research work
- experience in project planning and grant proposals writing
- a University title in line with the activities of the Association
- ability to work as a team
- basic skills in Microsoft Office computer programs
The duration of the internship is for a minimum of 3 to a maximum of 6 months, on a case by case basis.
Applications within partnership projects such as Civil Service, Erasmus Traineeship, Torno Subito, Garanzia Giovani, and similar are also welcome.
Interested candidates are asked to send their curriculum vitae together with a short letter of motivation with authorization to process personal data (Legislative Decree 196/2003, GDPR EU Regulation 2016/679) via email to email@example.com.